November 14, 2011

Love You!

I've been contemplating how I wanted to begin this blog.  I wanted the first post to set just the right tone.  I wanted it to be perfect!  But in my world, perfection tends to equal procrastination.  Sad but true.  But something has happened today that I just couldn't wait to share before I put all the "finishing" touches on it.  In fact, this something happened just moments ago.

My 19 month old, who doesn't feel the need to talk yet because his older siblings can interpret his every want and need, just told me that he loves me!  My heart somehow is bursting with love and melting all at the same time.  

It wasn't done in a big or special way but in a small way that means all the more to me.  I was putting him down for a nap.  I kissed and cuddled him all the way to his room.  I put him in his crib and covered him with his "blanket."  I told him that I loved him before I turned to go and then it happened.  He said it with a big smile on his face, "love you." 

These moments are right up there with the first kiss they give you, although each kiss after is just as precious.  Or when they run towards you with their arms open with smiles on their face shouting your name.  From kisses to cuddles and everything in between, these moments are infinitely precious.  They are what fill the cracks in your heart.  And yes, tears of love are running down my face as I recount this little piece of heaven to you. 

So, I'll work on that perfect post that I mentioned earlier.  You might even get to read it, maybe.  Til then, I'll share little bits and pieces of my life here at my place.

Ella


 © Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment