June 18, 2012

Bits and Pieces

1.  My father-in-law has Cirrhosis of the liver not because of alcohol use but because of a lifetime of eating fatty everything combined with diabetes.  He's not a transplant candidate due to his age (70) and his poor health.  We found out in May but it just hit Mr. Ella that his Dad is going to die within the year.

2.    My baby had a rash on his bottom so I cleaned him up and let him crawl around naked in the backyard.  Tater Tot immediately decided that he needed to be naked too.  Was he motivated by empathy or is he a budding nudist?

3.  Louie, my oldest daughter, has been inspired by Teeny's recent trip to California to see SuperCroc.  She's decided that she's going to save her money so that we can go to Sea World in San Diego.  She picked Sea World because she LOVES sharks and they have a pool with just sharks.  She won't get to swim with them, much to her dismay, but I guess seeing 30-50 sharks swimming together makes her happy. 

4.  I'm still recovering from a bout of strep throat (I'm still mad my parents didn't have my tonsils taken out when I was little) and am having a hard time getting to sleep.  I've been falling asleep around 5 am. 

5.  I am tired.

6.  I'm addicted to protein smoothies.  Some vanilla protein powder, orange sustain (a gatorade-like drink) powder, banana and pineapple....  seriously good!

7.  I went for a walk with my husband last night and since I don't know how to walk slowly, it only took 10 minutes to walk a mile.  I don't know how to dawdle.

8.  The tan I acquired from my recent vacation has finally started to go away!  I've worked hard at not maintaining it.  I like being pale.

9.  This morning I gave Teeny and Tater Tot a hair cut.  I was so proud that Tater Tot sat quietly through the whole thing.

10.  Lately, Teeny has become obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine.

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment