February 11, 2012

SuperCroc

Like most little boys, my oldest son was enthralled by dinosaurs at a young age.  It started when he was one and hasn't really stopped.  A few years ago he discovered a dinosaur movie about a SuperCroc; a 40 foot crocodile that ate dinosaurs.  He was utterly fascinated!  It made dinosaurs real to him.  

In 2nd grade, his teacher introduced him to the Internet.  He used to rush through his work on a special website so that he could search out more information about SuperCroc.  Being the smart kid he is, he discovered lots of stuff about SuperCroc.  He even found out that there are life like replicas of the SuperCroc in a traveling exhibition.  He decided he must visit them! Unfortunately, the exhibits were disbanded and all the life like replicas were sent to museums outside of the United States.  He was heartbroken! 

After a little digging, I found an intact fossil at the Oakland California Zoo.  Of course he wanted to go right now.  Being poor, I advised him that wasn't possible but I made a deal with him; if he could earn/save enough money to pay for his airline ticket then I would pay for everything else.  

Well, the time has come to make reservations.  I have to say that I'm quite excited!  And a little obsessed.  I've never been to California or the San Francisco/Oakland area.  I don't know anyone there and have a whole bunch of questions about hotels, things to do and what the best way is to get around.  I'm sure everything will work out.  I just like to plan things out in detail so that there are minimal things that can go wrong.  It's just who I am.

The best part is that it will just be my son and myself.  Much to the dismay of my other children, they will staying at home for time with Dad.  I told them they could come if they had enough money for an airline ticket.  They won't be coming. 

SuperCroc here we come!!!!!! 

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment