March 2, 2012

Bits and Pieces

1.  When you watch an old western movie, there's almost always a stand off on the main road that goes through town.  As they face off about 50 paces away from each other you usually see a tumble weed blowing across the road somewhere.  That tumble weed blowing across the dusty road is iconic for the old Wild West.  I'm here to tell you that it still happens.  Not the standoff, but the tumble weed blowing across the road.  In fact, the other day I had 8 tumble weed blow across the road in front of me in just 10 minutes.  Everytime it happens I smile. 

2.  My baby gained 1 lb. in 2 weeks!!!  This might not sound very exciting but it is.  He only gained 1/2 lb.  from his 4 month doctor visit to his 6 month visit.  I was worried.  

3.  Sweet Cheeks sandwich of the day grosses me out.  She made a ketchup sandwich with dill pickles and a slice of ham.  Yuck!  Ketchup and ham do NOT belong together.   And what's up with a ketchup sandwich?  I like ketchup but not that much.

4.  Can I just say that I really dislike changing insurance companies.  It frustrates me!

5.  My baby is sitting up all on his own now. 

6.  Many times I have caught my baby sitting up just checking out everything and then he sees his toes.  I'm not sure if he thinks they're extra thumbs but as soon as he spies his toes, he leans down and starts eating them.  It's so cute! 

7.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE coconut?  Well, my husband just realized that my favorite candy is the Brach's neapolitan coconut sundaes.  I now have a steady supply.  This is a bad thing. 

8.  I needed to run into the library for a few minutes and decided that my kids would be okay just hanging out in the car for such a short time period.  I was wrong.  I came back to find my 1 year old jumping in the driver's seat, blood splattered all over my daughter and lots of yelling.  My oldest son had decided to punch his sister and gave her a bloody nose.  Don't feel too bad for her because she gets a bloody nose if you accidentally bump her nose.  She has a lot bloody noses.  They were yelling not because her nose was bleeding but because they couldn't find a towel to staunch the blood flow.  She was holding an empty gum packages underneath her nose to catch  everything.  And my 1 year old had moved to the front seat in order to avoid the madness that was happening in the backseat.  With all of this craziness happening, they woke up the baby.  It was quite funny.

9.  My 1 year old can walk better in high heels than my 23 year old sister. 

10.  Sweet Cheeks gets to register for kindergarten this month.  She's so excited!!!  I asked what kind of back pack she wants and she said...."Striped!"  Where do you find striped back packs?

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment