May 21, 2012

Missing

My husband was gone on a business trip last week.  I have to admit that at first I missed him.  But then I didn't.  It's not as bad as it sounds, let me explain.

I love my husband a lot.  He loves me back.  He shows his love for me by taking care of me and I let him because I understand why he does it.  I will admit that I do enjoy being taken care.  I didn't think I would at first.  I was firmly independent.  I almost never asked for help with anything.  I just did it myself. 

After a few years of being taken care of, I wondered if I had become too dependent upon my husband.  About 4 years ago my husband left on his first extended business trip.  It was wonderful!  I was able to prove that I could not only take of myself but my children as well.  At least for a week. 

So when I found out my husband was leaving again, I started to get excited.  I've had 2 children since that last trip and I wanted to see how I would do by myself. 

When he left, I was sad to see him go and I missed him quite a bit that first day.  Then I was  caught up in the joy of independence again.  I was able to take care of myself and all 5 of my children.  It was like finding a piece of me that had been missing.   

In addition to exerting my independence, I appreciated the more serene atmosphere that permeated the house with my husband gone.  He's our drill sargent.  He keeps us on our schedule and co-ordinates the house cleaning.  There may be some grumpiness and yelling involved in his tactics...... But I'm glad he's back.  I don't want to have to take care of my family without him.  He does such a good job at it!

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment