May 6, 2012

Sunday Morning Surprise

I feel like crying.  I woke up this morning to find out our sewer line had collapsed by the main line connection.  How did we know?  When my son flushed the toilet, water backed up in the bath tub.  That's never a good sign.  The plumber came out at 7 am this morning and it took him a couple of our before we got the harsh verdict.  I'm hoping that I'm still asleep and this is all a horrible dream. 

What does that means to us?  We can't use the toilet or shower til Monday night at the earliest.  We can use the running water as long as we don't let it go down the drain.  And it's going to cost a lot of money that we don't have.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how this is going to work with 7 people in the house. 

Is it wrong to be grateful that my sister is out visiting family instead of being home?

Anyways, I'm stressed and since I had already decided to cut sugar out of my diet for the next week, I can't enjoy the glow of a chocolate coma.  And obsessively eating carrots and celery is not that emotionally satisfying for some reason.

On a happy note, we did go to the drive-in last night to see "The Avengers" and "John Carter of Mars". 

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment