August 16, 2012

Bits and Pieces

1.  My children are fearless when it comes to vacuums.  They chase them and in general, make themselves a nuisance when you're vacuuming.  This has unfortunate reprecussions.  2 of my 5 children have had they're skin removed by the vacuum.  O'Henry was the latest victim.  I think it's more traumitizing for me than it is for them because they still keep chasing the vacuum.

2.  I found a donut pan on sale for $9.99!  I'm so excited!  I've wanted one for a while but haven't let myself get one.  But I couldn't say no to that price.  I don't know what kind of donut I should make first.  Chocolate with chocolate frosting, pumpkin with cream cheese, apple spice, cake batter, maple with bacon..........

3.  Someone from our church dropped off a box of yukon and red potatoes.  While we're grateful for it, we don't really eat a lot of potatoes.  I know that it might be considered treason since we live in Idaho but our oldest doesn't like them.  But they were free and we're poor.  So, I made hashbrowns for breakfast this morning and amazingly enough, everyone ate them.  Even Teeny.  And they all asked for seconds. 

4.  Have I ever mentioned that my baby likes to eat the dirt from my potted peppers?  He won't eat just any dirt.  It has to be from my pepper pots.  Maybe it has more nutrients or something.  Or maybe he just likes spicy food.

5.  My baby isn't going to be a baby for much longer.  He's going to be turning 1 this month.  While I support things like him walking (so I don't have to carry him), eating normal food (baby food is expensive) and talking (there's less crying when they can tell you what they want); I'm going to miss having a small cuddly ball of cuteness around.  Someone who doesn't argue with you.  Someone who just needs me to hold him or his world will come crashing down around him. 

6.  Teeny has earned his Wolf award in CubScouts!  He's so excited and we're so proud of him!

7.  If you can't tell, I'm kind of sad that we're done having babies.  I know that our family is complete and I won't really miss changing dirty diapers but there's still a little part of me that wants a baby around.  I've already informed my children that I expect at least 2-3 grandbabies from each of them.  Preferably when they're older (in their 20's) and married.

8.  School won't be starting til September 11th for my children this year.  While I'm slightly jealous that other kids are already in school (my children need a break from each other), our school was built in the 50's and doesn't have air conditioning so it's works out for the best. 

9.  I have always made a big deal about every child's first birthday cake.  Teeny had  a 3-D car cake.  Louie had a 3-D duck.  Tater tot had a 3-D fire truck.  Sweet Cheeks had a 3-D...., I'm sure you can see a pattern here.  I've decided that O'Henry is going to have a caterpillar with 8 segments so that everyone can have they're own segment.  I'm going to the candy store today for decoration inspiration.  I'm thinking M&M's, peach rings, sprinkles, flattened airheads that I can cut shapes out of......  I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do spirals out of candy.    Any suggestions?

10.  My kids asked about sex the other day at the dinner table.  Mr. Ella and I firmly believe that if they're ready to ask a question then we should answer it.  We usually give general basics at first but if they continue to ask questions like how or why things work, we tell them.  We'd rather they learn about it from us than learn it from someone else. 

Ella


copyright Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment