August 8, 2012

Who Knew Brushing Your Teeth Could Be So Dangerous?

I'm pretty sure that my daughter will never forgive me for telling this story but I just can't help myself.  So let's just keep this between ourselves and maybe she won't find out.  Hopefully. 

Let me begin by pointing out that we only have one bathroom for 8 people.  That's right.  One bathroom.  Needless to say we have an "open door" policy.  Which basically means you can't lock the door just in case there is an emergency potty situation and with 5 people in the house being under 9 years old, you can imagine how frequently this happens.  There is also the fact that even though you lock the door, the lock pops open if you jiggle the knob.  I don't see this changing anytime soon as Mr. Ella is not handy.  I still love him though.

So, a few nights ago the kids went to the bathroom to brush their teeth before bedtime.  While everyone else was busy getting their toothbrushes and toothpaste, Teeny decided he needed to use the bathroom.  Well, Sweet Cheeks was the first to begin brushing her teeth and went to claim the prize of sitting on the toilet seat.  Without looking behind her.  You can see where this is going.  She ended up falling in the toilet and then to top it off, received an unwelcome shower. 

I had no clue but did you know that it takes boys a few seconds to stop peeing?

Poor Sweet Cheeks.  Not only was she soaked in grossness but we couldn't technically punish her brother for anything.  He technically didn't do anything wrong.  We have had to threaten him to keep his lips closed regarding this matter.  You could see the desire to share this juicy bit of grossness with all of his friends.  We've assured him that dire consequences will occur if we find out he shared this with ANYONE.  Which is partly why I feel guilty about sharing the story myself.  But I had to tell someone.


My lack of posts have been due to several things; problems with my internet, frustrations with my computer and pure laziness.  Everything else but my laziness has been resolved.  Hopefully school starting will chase away the summer laziness part.  We'll see.

Ella


copyright Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment