April 16, 2012

Secret to Motherhood

Have you ever wondered what happens at other people's houses?  What their lives are like everyday?  How they do things? 

I do.  I'm afraid that I'm doing something wrong.  That as a Mom, I'm lacking in some way.  And if I could just observe the home life of other people I could figure out what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.  And then fix the stuff I'm doing wrong.

It's one of my secret fears.  I haven't even told my husband yet.  What if I am a failure as a Mom?  My Mom wasn't available for most of my life so, what if I missed out on some "Mom secret" that my Mom was supposed to teach me but couldn't?  What if there's a manual of "how to raise your kids" that I don't know about because my Mom didn't clue me in?

If you know the secret but have been sworn to secrecy, I beg of you to contact me.  You don't even have to tell me what it is; although I won't say no if you do feel inclined to share.  I only want to know if there is in fact a secret to Motherhood.  Something that will allow me to say the right things at the right time to help each of my children to be the best that they can be.  If I know there's a secret to Motherhood, maybe I could find a loophole in the secrecy clause and convince one of my Grandmothers to enlighten me.  But I can't ask if I don't know.

In the meantime, I'm just going to love my children.  I find that they forgive me more easily for my mistakes if I give the regular cuddles and kisses.  Although, I'm still going to wonder what other people are doing too. 

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment