April 2, 2012

California Here We Come!

Tickets have been purchased.  A hotel and rental car has been reserved.  Plans are being formulated.  And I am getting so very excited!!

My oldest, Teeny, has saved enough money and we are going to the Oakland/San Francisco area at the end of May.  For a week. 

We are heading to see SuperCroc.  My son is beyond excited to get his picture taken by this ferocious fossil.  It will be the culmination of an obsession that has lasted over half of his life. 

He is also super excited because he gets to go on vacation for a week with no one else but Me.  While he loves his siblings, he sometimes feels as if he doesn't get as much of my attention as he wants.  So, this is a big deal to him.  We're going to pack as much fun as we can into our time together.  We will be eating his favorite foods (even though I personally don't care for them):  Chinese & seafood.  He already has the restaurants picked out.  He's decided that we need to visit the zoo on the day that the alligators are fed since we can see SuperCroc any ol' time.  We'll ride the ferry across the bay.  Take another ferry out to Alcatraz.  Walk across the Golden Gate bridge.  Gorge ourselves on ice cream.  And spend every other available minute swimming in the pool at the hotel.

While all these things are interesting, I am especially interested in checking out Trader Joes.  I have heard so much about it from my many blog wanderings and I'm intrigued.  A store that sells cookie butter and chocolate peanut butter.....  I feel the need to go check it out.  The best part is that there is a store down the road from our hotel.  Yes!!!  I think I'm more excited to go there than I am to visit Alcatraz.  My only concern is what I'm going to do if I love it so very much.  There's obviously no location close to me.  I might need to find a supplier. 

Still there is one down side to our trip.  I'm going to have to leave my baby (he'll be 9 months by then) at home with my husband.  I'll have to go a whole week without snuggling, cuddling or kissing him.   And what if he does something amazing and I miss it?  I just don't know how I'm going to handle it.  What if he forgets me?  A week is an awfully long time to a baby. 

I'm pretty sure copious amounts of sugar and chocolate will be involved in helping me get through this.

Ella



© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment