January 10, 2012

Books

I have been obsessed caught up in reading lately.  A lot.  Like 3-5 books a day.  I tend to go through these phases every once in a while.  Doesn't everyone?

My main problem; other than trying to take care of 5 children, find time to work out and actually spend time with my husband; is finding enough books to read.  Sure I have a personal library of over 1,000 books but I want something new.  Thank goodness for public libraries!!!!  I seriously don't know what I would do without them.  Actually I do know, I'd be completely broke with books lining every wall and surface in my home.  It kind of makes me sound like a hoarder. 

How do I find all of these books I'm reading?

I will go to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ and browse through the Young Adult section.  They have popular books, new books and thought provoking books that they highlight.  If I find something that interests me, I reserve it online at my library.  I've found quite a few engaging books this way.

Or I do a library browse.  I check the cart of recently returned books that haven't been shelved yet.  I figure if someone else was interested enough to read it, it's worth a quick check.  Then I'll go through the different sections and look through the displays the library sets up to highlight certain authors or genre of books.  On a quick tangent, can I just say that I love libraries.  I love the smell, the orderliness and just the feeling you get there.  It's my go-to place when I'm frustrated or just need to leave the house. 

Lastly, I check thrift stores.  Most thrift stores have a book section where you can pick up a good book at a good price; $0.10- $2.00.  I save up all the money I get for birthdays and other events just for this purpose. 

I will admit that there is one other place I check for books; my sister.  She is living with us and loves reading as much as I do.  So every once in a while I go in and snag a couple of her books.  I always make sure to return them though!  I don't like borrowing books from other people though.  Only because books are easily overlooked and often not returned or lost.  I have anxiety issues if one of my books has been borrowed too long.  



On a completely different subject, I stained my teeth orange when I was eating carrots the other night.  I didn't know that could happen.  It took a day and a half for it to fade.  They were even organic carrots so they were obviously free of dyes and preservatives.  And it was only 4 teeth too.  Does anyone else find this odd?

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment