January 23, 2012

Sweet Cheeks

Have you ever written a word and realized that it just looks wrong?  You think it's spelled write but you're not quite sure so you end up looking it up in the dictionary or using spell check.  This happens to me all of the time.  I wrote down the word "cheek" and it just doesn't seem right; especially if the "c" is capitalized.  Cheek.  Doesn't that just seem wrong?  Am I the only one?

Sorry for that tangent.  Now on to more Hanson family introductions.  By all rights, I should introduce you to my first born but I'm not.  Not that I don't love him 'cause I do.  I'm starting with my 5 year old little girl.  I have the feeling I should warn you in the off chance she decides to take over the world when I'm not looking.  That's right, I said take over the world.  I'm 75% sure that my 5 year is going to rule the world someday and I just think you should be prepared.

Before I tell you why you will one day bow down to her, you should know that you're going to need to buy stripes, lots of stripes.  She loves wearing striped clothes!  I let her pick out the clothes for her little brother the other day and she picked out a striped polo shirt paired with striped pajama pants.  Don't ask me why or how but they worked.  She has that talent.  She can mix & match any clothes with stripes and make it work.  I am frequently awed by this talent as I have no clue about clothes myself.

You will also need mustard.  This is an essential ingredient for any sandwich she makes.  She doesn't just have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches; she has peanut butter, jelly and mustard.  Peanut butter and honey usually has lettuce and mustard to enhance the flavors.  She's also been known to eat a peanut butter, cheese and mustard sandwich.  Or mustard, honey and jam.  There are endless combinations of sandwich fixings that she'll eat but only if it includes mustard.  I try not to judge....

But back to taking over the world.  It's really hard to describe and I'm pretty sure you're not going to fully understand.  She says things like, ".... in the evil clutches of my hands!" and then throws her head back while bringing her hands curved like a bear claw up to shoulder height in front of her and does an evil laugh.  It sounds awkward but she does it so naturally.  It reminds me of that Tiny Toons cartoon "Pinky & the Brain" except she's never seen it.  So I can only assume that this is just a natural part of her personality. 

That's not all.  If she is rough housing with her older brother and gets hurt, she may shed a few tears but she gets up, growls several times and then proceeds to go all wildcat on him.  She very rarely admits defeat.

Just in case you're worried that she'll make a bad "Dictator of the World," you should know that she is geniunely loving and kind.  She loves babies, ponies and Jesus.  And once she looks at you with her gorgeous green eyes and strawberry blonde hair; you're lost. 

So this is my smart, sweet and sassy daughter who will one day rule the world.  She prefers to be called Sweet Cheeks or as you will one day know her: President-Princess Sweet Cheeks.  Don't say that I didn't warn you!

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment