January 15, 2012

Mr. Ella Hanson

I follow a few blogs and often find myself wondering what their family is like.  You get bits and pieces every once in a while but somehow it just doesn't fulfill my curiousity.  Since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one either, I thought that I would introduce my family to you.  That way you can combine what you learn here with the other bits and pieces I talk about to put together a more rounded image. 

I thought that I'd start with my husband; while he's not perfect, he's pretty much one of the best husbands ever.  I'm not kidding.  I can even prove it.

He cleans.   In fact, I haven't had to do dishes in almost a decade.  For that reason alone, he should be inducted into the "Husband Hall of Fame."  He does more than just dishes too.  He does the laundry everyday including folding and putting it all away.  I can count the times I've had to take the trash out since we've been married on one hand.  I could go on about what he cleans but the best part is that he organizes and supervises the children and their cleaning endeavors.  This includes their bedrooms, weekly jobs and outside jobs.  I've had friends who've said that they're going to send their kids to live with us so that my husband can whip them into shape.

He loves children and enjoys being a father.  He is also a fully participating dad.  By that I mean he changes all the diapers whenever he's home, does night duty with our babies, volunteers at school, does homework and attends all sporting & school events. 

He's willing to play card and board games with me even though he almost always loses just so he can spend time with me.  That might not sound like much but we are both fiercely competitive and hate to lose.  Imagine playing scrabble with someone once a week for a year and only winning 2 times while being that competitve.  That is true love.

He has been trying to figure out how he could buy me a Kitchenaid stand mixer for years.  This Christmas he finally figured it out.  He contacted everyone who would give him a Christmas gift and asked them to give him money instead.  He then took that money and bought me a stand mixer.  The only gifts he got for Christmas were from me.  Everytime I use that mixer he gets a smile on his face.

And if all of the other reasons aren't enough, he tells me that my "mommy belly"  (the extra skin on your lower abdomen that doesn't go away after you have children) is sexy.  You might think he's just trying to make me feel better but he truly means it.  He thinks it's sexy because it was created by my willingness to have his children. 

I told you he was one of the best husbands ever. 


And unfortunately for everyone else, he has no brothers.

Ella


© Ella's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment